Join APTA for this year's tenth biennial Public Transportation and Universities Conference in Grand Rapids, MI, which runs April 16-19, and is hosted by The Rapid and Grand Valley State University. This conference delves into the unique needs of university communities and the populations they serve. University and community transportation professionals and those working on programs in college surroundings need to attend this meeting.
Register by Thursday, March 10 for a discounted meeting rate! Also, hotel discounts are available in the APTA room block through Friday, March 11. Book your room now.
Educational Sessions, Products and Services Showcase, Technical Tours, and More:
- Steering Committee Meeting
- Welcome to Grand Rapids Reception
- New Attendee Orientation
- Opening General Session: Where Public Transportation Goes, Community Grows
- Luncheon featuring RideScout on mobility management partnerships with The University of Texas at Austin and the Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Marketing and Communicating Your Transit Services to Students
- Planning & Sustainability
- Student Engagement
- Keynote Speaker, George Heartwell, former mayor of Grand Rapids
- University-Transit Partnerships
- "Swap Meet" during a relaxed evening of networking and peer-to-peer exchange in an informal dinner setting. An opportunity to share your pride in your organization.
- Funding Transit Services on College Campuses - Where's the Money?
- Safety and Security - Late Night Services
- Building the Next Generation of Transit's Workforce
- Funding Campus Transit Services - What Happens When the Money Dries Up?
- Products & Services Showcase and Bus Display/Networking Luncheon
- Four Technical and Campus Tours with The Rapid and Grand Valley State University
- Host Reception: The Rapid and Grand Valley State University
- Additional Breakfast General Session to be announced
- Closing General Session: Student Perspectives
Explore the event's preliminary program, book your hotelM room, and take advantage of the early bird registration discount through March 10.
We look forward to seeing you in Grand Rapids at APTA's 2016 Public Transportation & Universities Conference!